We are called upon to love well and to serve others. We at Chelsea Creek believe this is a vital part of the Christian life and is in our very DNA. Therefore, Christ calls us to use our gifts to engage the local and global communities in a meaningful way and to partner with others to share the good news of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
1 Peter 4:10 “Each of you should use whatever gifts you have received to serve others as faithful stewards of God’s grace in various forms.”
Some ways in which we are currently learning to serve well:
- Monthly collection of food and supplies for God’s Outreach Center in Harpersville, AL
- Feeding the homeless of Birmingham with His Hands of Grace Ministry
- School supply drive each fall to support our local schools
- Working with the women and children of King’s Home
- Filling backpacks for Two Feathers Ministries
- Child sponsorship and purchasing water bottles and Bibles for Divine Care Farm, Kampala, Uganda.
Our Local Missions Team is led by Gail Rule. Email Gail for more information about local serving opportunities.