Serve @ Chelsea Creek
At Chelsea Creek, we believe that finding our identity in Christ means discovering that He came to serve, not to be served, and we must do the same. By dedicating our lives to the service of others, we live as servants of Jesus. One of the ways you can love well is by plugging into one of our Serve teams.
Children’s Ministry teaches our children about Jesus and how much He loves them. Volunteers are needed for Toddlers, Preschool, K-2nd grade, 3rd-5th grade.
– Serve once a moth on Sunday mornings during Worship or Conversation Group hour.
– Serve as needed for special events such as our annual Easter Egg Hunt, VBS, and Trunk or Treat.
Support Student Ministry as we provide our students with biblical knowledge to equip them for life, as well as a place to belong at Chelsea Creek.
Service opportunities include:
– Help planning and organizing monthly activities.
– Organizing and leading service projects.
– Helping lead 9:00am Sunday class.
Our Prayer Team supports Chelsea Creek families by praying/offering praise for the prayer/praise requests each week. The team facilitates special events to educate and equip our body with good theology about God and prayer that will deepen relationships with God.
– Serve one Sunday every other month in the prayer room during Worship.
– Be a prayer warrior weekly.
– Help with Prayer events.
Our Worship Ministry supports the church through preparations and running Tech/Sound during Sunday morning Worship and other special services, video recording and editing, Praise Band, and Chelsea Creek Choir.
– Serve one Sunday a month organizing and running tech for rehearsal and Worship service.
– Serve one Sunday a month running the sound board for rehearsal and Worship service.
– Sing or play in the Praise Band.
– Video production.
Our greeters and ushers welcome everyone as they enter the church, pass out worship guides, answer questions, and help keep people moving toward the worship room. They help encourage folks to enter the worship room and help latecomers find seats during worship. They collect and count money from the offering.
– Serve one Sunday every other month.
The Coffee Bar Team provides coffee, water, and snacks for fellowship time before Sunday Worship and special services!
– Serve one Sunday every 6 weeks setting up on Sunday morning.
– Provide food items to serve on Sunday mornings.
– Clean up.
The Hospitality Team helps with meals at Chelsea Creek, including planning, ordering, setting up, serving, and cleaning up.
– Serve as needed before, during, and/or after fellowship meals.
– Facilitate conversation time.
– Host a conversation group in your home.
The Meals Team provides meals for families in need due to illness, death, hospitalization, new baby, etc.
– Be willing to provide a meal when the need arises, often on short notice. Meals do not have to be home cooked.
The Card Team sends cards for various occasions such as thank you, encouragement, welcome, get well, and sympathy.
– Send 3-5 cards per month to visitors and attenders as needed.
The Local Missions Team plans and executes our local missions activities including those to King’s Homes and God’s Outreach Center.
– Meet once per month with the team.
– Take the lead for one area of missions and gather volunteers to help execute those activities.
– Donate items for monthly drives such as food, school supplies, baby items, and toiletries for the homeless.
The Roadies Team provides help for community events and large setups inside our church facilities. Events include our annual Easter Egg Hunt, Trunk or Treat, The Big Kaboom, Movie Nights, and Outdoor Services.
– Serve as needed to load, unload, set up, take down, grill hot dogs, or serve food at events.